Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2012

Perfectly Lonely Me


I share to the world
My status update, declaring
I am a Perfectly Lonely soul
And the other ones start to worry
Lonely as they ponder
The otherwise buoyant soul
Has turned into solitary mortal.

But my heart gloats
Insides roars
For I am the queen of my own
The lion of the jungle
Where there is too much hustle bustle
For I own my time and my life’s tune
For I am a perfectly lonely soul.

As Mayer says
I don’t belong to anyone, nobody belongs to me
My heart sings the same tune, incessantly
It aches,
But soothes in contentment of the imperfect perfection.  

The dear ones consoles  
But does it really fill the ruthlessly dug hole
Never leaving me sore
Is the state that perfects the painful lonely soul.

The time is mine at the moment
And I can freely unwind
Until the next time when the swirling whirlwind
Would occupy my life and that special space
And I will become perfectly together

Until that time I am perfectly lonely. 
   
(inspired by song Perfect Lonely by John Mayer)


2 comments:

  1. This is freaking good. Contentment with the discontent, I know this. These lines - "For I am the queen of my own
    The lion of the jungle" are brilliant.

    But I wait for the 'perfectly together' phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the lion of your jungle indeed you are... what lovely words here. I am sure the perfectly together phase is going to arrive soon until you are perfectly lonely.. enjoy this phase too... Believe you me, the phase is great...

    ReplyDelete