Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Left Side



For this time it’s different
The left side
Which I turned to, fearlessly and unhesitatingly
For I knew, awaits me an etched smile
It won’t be the same this time
There laid my joyful times
And I can’t cease the thoughts off my mind
But it won’t be the same this time
Looking over the left shoulder
To the side where hid my treasure
Where I found my glee, happiness and joy
Stood by each other all the time
And it isn’t the same this time
This time when I looked at that side
The memories left me undone
At that very instant
For I knew I don’t have that kind heart
To welcome me like I was a lost child
And it won’t be the same this time
For she won’t be there to embrace me
In the warmth of her subdued emotions
To mentor me for unforeseen motions
And it isn’t the same this time
Because the reality has struck
And my left side
Is really left out this time!  

11 comments:

  1. I have never read words that are as brimming of love as these. I'm honoured, loved and blessed. Remember, I'm always around, always. No more tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. And there's a vacuum, a space that's sore, paining from longing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome......i need one too !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! We all have that one 'left side' that is always there, and then one day, when we are strong enough, leaves us alone because "it" knows that we'll make it through. A lot like when the person teaching you to ride a bicycle decides to let go, without you even knowing that you are riding on your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vineet! its so good to see you here. and it is even more nice to see you take interest in my blog. thanks a ton for such a warm comment. it indeed is very true.. and you would love to know who it is for... it for shikha.. i wrote it on her last day. as she use to sit on the left side

      Delete
    2. Yo guys,

      I am NOT GOING anywhere,
      for my life is here.

      I've found a reckoning in my people,
      and life's is now like a creative bubble.

      I promise I wouldn't let it burst,
      if only I can have nothing more than your trust.

      Cheers! Love you all!!

      Delete
    3. love you too.. amazing ... this little verse... love it..

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete