Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Unrequited love for you


When I was young and free
I caught myself in a spree
An indulgence that will never set my soul free

Laying underneath a beautiful tree
My heart filled with glee
For I had found my king of whom I was to become a queen

Every day I would lie under that tree
Trying to count the leaves
But I failed miserably

I never felt any guilty
For the number of leaves
Denoted the number of years
That I would love you for and would have loved for
And that would be some millions hanging through the sprigs

Years passed and the tree became stronger
While the little birdies hid in there to sleep
My spring became autumn and autumn changed to winter

While I laid and counted the leaves hanging from the sprigs
I could never make you see it
I could never make you believe it
I could never make you feel it

For in my dreams all these years
I became your queen
But you never became my king.





2 comments:

  1. Superbly written ... great poem of love... i liked it a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agony. Pain. The poet has beautifully described the other side of love that is being unloved.

    ReplyDelete