Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Yearning To Break Away


The summer sky goes blue
The colour of my soul turns into same hue
What is this yearning?
What is this recklessness?

It is the urge that I have felt for many years and over a decade
My subjects of envy are these free flying birds
Who own fewer enemies and very few expectations.

I want to break free
Repeats my core with relentless beatings
I want to break away calls my soul, screaming.

Break off to the lands where I could breathe
Or to the skies where there are no seams
A place where the lush green grass covers the hills
Making it look like a shiny display of unimpaired being
The waters of the place should be such
That they could make me feel like I belong to the place with grace and inherent luck.

To break free is what my heart cogitates these days
And searches for a tunnel that could let me penetrate
But I can’t see an exit
So I make a slight escape
To the rooftop over the attic.

I look up at the splendid sky to stargaze
Praying
That sometime, someday these constellations may engage
And find me a way for an escape
For my heart should find solace. 

Photograph By: Jaskiran Kaur

5 comments:

  1. This is way too good..... i love it. The conclusion is imaginatively vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with each composition you are becoming great... certainly you are one of the poets i admire the most... keep inspiring me with your pieces and the photograph is good... Remember there is no escape... your joyful land is right there.. a place where you are at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is one of the best I've ever read. I take a bow, literally. Happy and proud, that's what I am after this. Jas, you've ARRIVED!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx to each one of u for such encouraging comments.

    ReplyDelete