Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In the lap of nature


When I look back in time
The ticking clock reminds
Reminds me of the number of hours that have passed
Since I ever came closest to the clouds that house in the stars
And spill magic in disguise on earth so far.

With my dearest friends
And two of my beloved sisters
I undertook the journey
That would take me to a place, heavenly.

The trip surfaced after great delays
With lots of obstacles
That remained unmoved in our ways.
But never getting discouraged
We made our way.

Routing the path to the place
That will let us touch the vault of heaven.
Leaving behind the plains
Which are far from nature’s grace
We enter the place where God has bestowed
Mankind with its abundant love and treasure, innate.  

We find ourselves standing in between the tall hills
Which are covered with cottony clouds
Imperfect in size and shape
Like something went wrong in their textile mill.

As they float like a feather
Touching the cap of the mountain
It makes me wonder
Am I the fairy that could swim across the heaven
Sitting on these cherubs like feathers?

The abounding tree on all our sides
Leave us mesmerized in the lushness
That god has endowed.
With singsongs of the birds and monkeys
The nature’s whole becomes one
As my friends  and I witness
The nature’s hub.

It is here,
Where our souls find much sought after peace
For we have arrived in the lap of heavenly dream.
Our hearts gloat for we have found the keys
To unlock the door to the land
Like a dream
Where nature speaks
And paradise it is.


Ode to the recent trip to Shimla and Kasauli.


12 comments:

  1. It's making me nostalgic, everything weaved in with such perfection..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...wonderful feel to this...it must have been some journey you undertook...sure sounds like it...very nice imagery....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...sounds like a wonderful trip...both nature-wise but also like a spiritual experience...sounds like you saw beyond the borders..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great journey...beautiful write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the images this invokes! Especially enjoyed, "Like something went wrong in their textile mill."

    Sounds like a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. where nature speaks, yes, I want to go there... (and I did, for a moment, with this poem)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soooo beautiful! I think you gave us a free tour of Shimla... and it was LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great...reminded me of my trip to Manali.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good depiction of nature and what it offers to the eye and mind

    ReplyDelete